- The Management shall arrange monthly Medical check up of general health of the residents.
- Specialist doctors may be arranged depending on necessity for any particular resident / boarder. However, such medical fees will have to be borne by the resident.
- Pathological tests for the residents/boarders will be made available from reliable pathological centre located near Ananda Ashram
- The Management shall bear the cost of treatment of residents for minor ailments only and shall provide only basic painkillers and aspirins. However First Aid Box to combat small emergencies is readily available.
- The Management shall make arrangement of travel and an escort, for the residents who wish to visit any specialist doctor of their choice. The cost shall be borne by the resident.
- The Management shall arrange for the medicines which the residents will require in regular basis. Cost of such medicines is to be borne by the residents.
- Service of Licensed and trained Physiotherapist and Yoga therapist will be made available to the residents at a very reasonable cost.
- All medical expenses for treatment of major illness whether treated at "Ananda Ashram" or after being admitted to Hospital/ Nursing Home will have to be paid by the residents.
- In case of emergency, well equipped Ambulance is readily available within minutes. Hindustan Healthpoint, Peerless Hospital, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (a unit of Asian Heart Foundation and popularly known as Dr. Devi Shethi's hospital), Ruby Hospitals is among the leading hospitals/medical centre opf Kolkata, which is located at a short distance from Ananda Ashram. Well equipped nursing homes are also available for emergency shifting, if necessary.
- The residents are required to fulfill the following financial obligations towards probable medical emergency before commencement of his/her stay as a resident of “Ananda Ashram”:
- Deposit an amount of Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh) only, per person with the Management for arrangement of treatment for major illness.
In the event of any emergency, the management after contacting the local guardian/wards and the guaranters, shall take step to remove the resident to the nearby hospital/nursing home and expenses upto 75% of the deposit will be incurred by the management for the treatment of the resident till the arrival of the ward/next of kin/guaranter of the resident/boarder. The amount spent out of the medical deposit must be reimbursed so that tghe medical deposit comes back to the original amount of Rs. Two Lakh.
- ii. In case, the resident returns to “Ananda Ashram” from hospital/Nursing Home, he/she has to have a deposit of full Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh) only, with the Management towards further probable medical emergency.
Whenever any amount is spent by the management out of the medical deposit, such amount would need to be reimbursed with a month time.
In such case Management will inform the local guardian/children & guarantor to decide on the treatment. The Management will have the responsibility only for the start of treatment.
In case hospitalization is required Management shall only admit the resident to hospital/nursing home but responsibility of treatment and all financial responsibility shall lie on the local guardian/children & guarantor.
In case, the resident returns to “Ananda Ashram” from hospital/Nursing Home, he/she has to have a deposit of full Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) only, with the Management towards further probable medical emergency.
- In both the above cases if during stay of any resident at ‘Ananda Ashram' this deposit amount is required to be used for any kind of medical treatment where hospitalization is not required, shall have to be replenished by the local guardian/children & guarantor or the resident him/herself immediately.
- In case of death or in the event of resident leaving Ananda Ashram, the medical deposit will be refundable in full.
- In case a resident has cover of Mediclaim Insurance (Minimum One Lakh), may avail a discount of 10% on the amount to be deposited with the Management for extending service of arrangement of treatment of major illness.
- Charges for consulting Specialist medical practitioner, cost of medicines prescribed has to be borne by the residents.
- If a personal ayah/attendant is required by any resident, at any point of time during his/her stay at “Ananda Ashram”, the daily charge for the ayah/attendant and his/her food is to be borne by the resident.
- In case of any resident becoming permanently incapacited and/or incapable of managing on his/her/own, Management will contact local guardian/children/guarantor for removing the resident from “Ananda Ashram”.
- In case of any resident becoming permanently incapacitate, the management would request the resident’s ward/next of kind/guaranter to remove from Ananda Ashram within a period of one or two month.